Benchmark Foam Stoop Fill for facilitating a quick, easy and stable installation.
Forming the footings for concrete slab stoops outside of commercial and residential entrances often takes crews several hours over the course of multiple days. Between setting the forms, pouring the concrete, backfilling and compacting the soil, the process quickly becomes time-consuming in an industry where time is everything.
Made of expanded polystyrene (EPS), Benchmark Foam Stoop Fill is used as a super lightweight fill material that is simply placed and backfilled before pouring the concrete slab.
- Save time and labor with 1-step installation
- Less risk of sinking or settling soils than traditional fill materials
- Customize to accommodate underground utilities such as pipes, drains
- Beveled sides help create more downward pressure once backfilled
EPS is often used in under slab construction and can be produced at higher compressive strengths to meet any project need. Placing concrete slabs reinforced with footings outside entry doors is a common building code and is recommended to keep the stoop in place for the life of a building.
- Meets or exceeds structural standards from ASTM D6817-15 for EPS Geofoam
- Manufactured with certified EPS
- Product dimensions customizable to project needs
Since all jobsites are different, consult with the project engineer to ensure soil conditions are satisfactory and adequate groundwater conditions are met.
Read, download or print our Stoop Fill brochure containing technical data and design consideration information.
Benchmark Foam, Inc., 401 Pheasant Ridge Drive, Watertown South Dakota 57201
Phone: 605-886-8084 Toll Free: 800-658-3444 Fax: 605-886-8099