Benchmark Foam Recycled EPS Product For LEED Certified Classroom
Benchmark Foam’s expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation products were used during the construction of a classroom in the Bagley Nature area. Students of the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) have always had access to the area, but now they have a certified LEED-Platinum building in which to conduct research.
Benchmark’s eps360® was used for a 12″ layer of under slab insulation. It was also used for frost-protected foundation applications.
A 100% recycled rigid foam board that retains all the integrity of a non-recycled EPS product, Benchmark’s eps360® is created from clean, dry, post consumer EPS. This insulation product is suitable for many traditional construction applications.
Our products are used in applications essential to achieving energy savings in new construction and building renovations. In addition to recycled products, Benchmark also provided non-recycled eps for placement beneath footings of the Bagley Classroom structure. Some additional Benchmark products are:
- Commercial and Residential construction insulation
- Heated Flooring System insulations, including Thermo-Snap™ (patent pending), our 4′ x 4′ in-floor insulation panels into which radiant tubes easily snap into manufactured pathways
- PreFirred insulation for finishing basements, concrete walls and concrete masonry unit (CMU) walls
- Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF) including Benchmark ICF, LITE-FORM® and FOLD-FORM®
- Roofing insulation customized systems
- Lite-Deck® and Lite-Deck® Tilt, a lightweight, stay-in-place form that provides structural strength for site-cast or pre-cast concrete floors, roofs, decks and walls
- Architectural Shapes for Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS)
- Geofoam, a super lightweight fill material for geotechnical engineering and green-building applications
- Insul-Skirt installed as insulating skirting for RVs
- ThermoSkirt as insulating skirting for modular or site-built homes
- Packaging, including molded and fabricated packaging, flexible foams, wraps, packing peanuts, custom-molded and flotation products
- Architectural Accents by Signs By Benchmark, a division of Benchmark Foam Inc.
- Custom Specialty Foam products such as cake forms, columns, panels and replications
- Exterior & Interior signs custom-manufactured by Signs By Benchmark, a division of Benchmark Foam Inc.
Recently, GreenSource Magazine published an article about the Bagley Classroom and its construction. To read the full story, click here.
Contact the Benchmark Foam team today at 605-886-8084 or 800-658-3444. Discuss your upcoming projects and learn how Benchmark products can fulfill construction or renovation needs.